Monday, August 11, 2008

Rainy Day Fun

This past week has been a bit rough. Derek was working/camping in the rain basically from Weds-Sunday night, and it rained pretty much every day.
Today (Mon) was glorious and we celebrated by being outside lots. Just to reminisce, Here are some wonderful memories from the past few "rainy-indoor-keep-the-girls-busy-before-they-kill-eachother-or-drive-their-mother-insane"
type of days.


Drawing on the big mirror. Kept them entertained for a good hour! They're special window-writer markers. BUT, I've been extra careful to watch Brookie when she has a marker in her hand as of late. No wall-drawing-upon incidents yet!!!

A BIG butterfly! Fun with mirror, camera, and markers. Notice all the lovely smudgy handprints. :)


Even Daddy got in on the fun when he came home. (he's going to LOVE me for posting this. haha) Geneva has been talking about this ALL week. "'Member when Daddy had piggy tails and funny teeth?"

Face paint butterflies. NO, I did not paint on Brookie's injuries. A serious face-plant last Monday evening after leaving the splash pad in Sarnia left these lovely marks. I'll try to remember to post a pic tomorrow to show how amazingly quick she's healed up. It's a good thing that God makes 2 year olds pretty durable!!!

Feel free to mock my artistic ability. Kids don't know the difference!

Just a sampling as to how much rain we actually got....

Dance party!!!

Dude. Sweet hairdo.




3 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Aerdna.

I love the recent pictures (I always get pretty pumped when there's some new ones up)... Neva looks old huh?

I'm probably coming home to Midland this weekend. You too? I'd like to see you and your fam soon- perhaps a visit to my sister Andrea in Canada may be in order soon.

amymom24 said...

Hi Andrea,

I've been stalking your blog since I met you at Amy & Colin's party, and just thought I'd leave a comment to say "Hi!" Love your writing, and the pics on this post are HILARIOUS. Your girls look like so much fun. Brookie's hair is seriously the cutest! Hope you're feeling well!

chellebird said...

Owwwwwwwww! Poor baby! Glad she's healing up well.

Those markers look like a good time!