Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hi everybody!!!!

WARNING: Loooooooooooong post up ahead. I apogize in advance for how long it will take you to read this! But hopefully you enjoy.





Update for May 2007: God is good, life is busy.

My new job is going really well... Despite my feelings of shortcoming and my previous lack of confidence... (while I'm being honest here!) "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
Thankfully, summertime isn't as busy around church and I have some time to get used to the job and get things prepped for the fall. It's sort of a hard job to explain, but basically I'm mantaining/further developing a true sense of community at our church and overseeing the small group ministry, organizing welcome sunday events, etc, etc, etc. Really loving it though. :)

Derek’s still working hard in jail. He’s there right now as we speak. Making sure those bad guys stay where the belong. He’s done a reallllly nice job with the gardens around the house. I can’t take too much credit there. We just had our 5 year anniversary yesterday! Derek worked til 8, but we still got a sitter and went downtown Dundas. ‘Twas fun, and it had been a while since we’d gone on a date! Boy, I sure love that man. I hope the rest of our 70 years together will be as wonderful as the last 5.



(I love my walkway!)

Brookie is almost one! Well, at the end of June that is. She’s really starting to “move” around now, but (ahem) still not crawling, silly little bean. Tonight she kept crying when I put her to bed so I checked on her and she was sitting up in bed and not able to lay back down by herself! She did this three times today! Can put herself up but can't lay back down. Doesn't seem to make too much sense, but oh well.



A few other Brooke highlights…

I’ve figured out if I spray her hair in the morning and put a tiny bit of mousse or gel the curls STAY! I think the humidity might have something to do with it too though.

Brookie is SOOOOO happy. I really hope her smile will stay with her for her WHOLE life. It’s amazing. Lights up my life.

Now for a few Geneva highlights…
Today she had a REAL conversation with Grandma on the phone. “Hi Maamah! How you? You want talk to Bookie?” It was great. (it was longer than that, that was just the opening line.)


"Hmmm, I wonder how many polka dots are on my bathing suit? One..."



"fifty three..."

At night, we ask her who she wants to pray for, and she always has to pray for Opa and Nana and Grandma and Grandpa and Brookie. Sometimes she asks me to thank God for Mommy and Daddy too. But not usually.

Speaking of Grandparents, Opa, Nana, Grandma, and Grandpa were all here on the same weekend! At different times, but only about a 20 minute stretch in between visits! They almost got to visit with eachother. Anyway, Derek's dad came to help Derek get rid of our back basement entrance. It was baaaad. The railing and bricks were caving in/crumbling and it just wasn't safe. Plus, it took up a lot of our yard. SO, they ripped 'er down and filler 'er in and there's no more door now! We'll seed or sod the area eventually, but it already's looking a lot better. MAN, that Opa is a workhorse. He is such an amazing guy. No signs of him slowing down anytime soon! Nana was also an excellent help for me I was watching the girls and Aiden. We are SOOO thankful that he and Nana were able to come down and help us out, once again!!!
We put Grandpa to work while he was here too, and he installed Brookie's new ceiling fan. Thanks Gramps! LOVED your visit too. Although when you leave, it makes me really miss you guys.


Nana giving the girls a fun ride.


EWWW


Opa doing what he does best. Working hard.


What a big helper!


Ok, Derek's really going to hate me for putting this pic up. It was a HOT day and he was working HARD!!!



After: Ok, so these pics make our backyard look rather nasty... and yes, it does still need some lovin'. But there's no more huge eyesore anymore!

Anyway, Geneva’s got a neighbour buddy! Teague lives just across the court and according to Tracey, his mom, he asks to go play with Geneva from the moment he wakes up til the time his head hits the pillow. They get along quite well and have lots of fun together. He’s a real cutie. Although, she seems really interested in his big brother. Always asking about Ethan. Uh oh!




Well, I suppose that's enough for now, my butt's getting sore from sitting at the comp for this long. (don't worry, I didn't do this update all in one shot. I did it in stages.) Sorry it's rather 'impersonal' but Hi everyone who I haven't talked to in a while! Sorry this is so impersonal. I WILL call you, and I DO love you all!!!!! Hi to Grandma, Grandpa, Rob, Brian, Dave, Opa, Nana, Rudy, Tina, Lish, Mariah, Cheli, Megs, Sarah, Tara, Crystal and anyone else who checks the blog that I just don't know about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andie! Good to hear things are going well! Miss you and love you too!